Approval is subject to the following conditions:
- Student must be enrolled in or admitted to the program. Enrolled student must be in good academic standing according to the University Graduate
School Bulletin and Program Guidelines.
- The student was not previously granted or on leave for a maximum of 12 months in total.
- The student and program understand that the leave applies to the current and/or future term from the time of application.
- The student and program understand that a leave does not automatically extend grades of incomplete.
- The student and program understand that a leave does not automatically extend or circumvent milestones or other requirements determined by the
University Graduate School. Student must contact the University Graduate School directly to request an extension of candidacy or course revalidization.
- The student and program understand that a leave preserves the curriculum and requirements designated in the University Graduate School Bulletin at the time of the student's leave in the event of change in curriculum or degree requirements while a student is on leave.
- The student understands that the Program may choose not to accept a course, thesis or doctoral requirement while he or
she is on leave.
- The student understands that depending on the length and timing of his or her leave, the leave may affect their funding, i.e.
fellowship monies received, AI stipend, federal loan, etc., and will contact the Office of the Bursar or their funding source to
discuss this matter and any additional fees.
- The student understands that not returning to their academic program following the end of an approved leave, without
prior communication, forfeits any remaining commitments or agreements from the SICE ongoing financial support or special
academic arrangements made in subsequent semesters.
- International student understands that he or she must abide by the rules governed by the Office of International Services.
- SICE reserves the right to revoke Leave of Absence approval.